Academic Online Courses
Online courses offer students an alternative to structured classes.
Students can start and complete a course anytime in the school year.
As an online student, you will:
- Attend a group or individual orientation to your course.
- Complete your first assignments under the guidance of a teacher.
- Develop a course learning schedule under the guidance of a teacher.
- Drop in to the Wansbrough Storefront, days or evenings, for assistance with homework and assignments.
- Correspond with your teacher about assignments, submissions, marks and for additional assistance with coursework.
About the Online Program
The curriculum is delivered using paper-based print material, electronic delivery, face-to-face communication or combinations of these. Electronic delivery may include online courses that use computer-based course delivery, conferencing, virtual classrooms, electronic mail service, seminars, group activities or combinations of these.
Students enrolled in JDFDL may take their educational program from home, enroll full-time or part-time or combine a distributed learning program with classroom-based instruction in a District school.
The JDFDL program meets the provincial standards as outlined in the School Act and is directed and supervised by British Columbia certified teachers. Students receive on-going assessments, report cards, provincial grades and a permanent student record for any courses taken.